This is a page where when anybody submits a question/questions on the contact form, and they don't include an e-mail address with their question(s), they will be posted here with the answers.
- Yeah,WE cant seem to locate any info at the moment on that tv station (Wljc)/Wdky (Lex/Danville,Ky) tv station was bought at the end of 2020 or sooo by Nexstar ? Antenna Tv channel's owner is Nexstar.Wljc is way up in Beatyville,Ky.Many people keep posting on Ant Tv Facebook pg .Seems they wish they could view channel In Lex city limits and surrounding areas/counties around Lex..It seems Ant tv has been on WLJC for several yrs (since May ? of 2017 ? see Wljc wiki pg) ....please keep working to find expiration date.We seniors love Ant tv.ty
Yes, I have looked for a contract, but I can't find one. I have now e-mailed them directly, and here is their reply.
"Thanks for your interest in WLJC and Antenna TV. As you probably know Antenna TV is a very popular channel and we want to provide the best possible programming for our viewers. So many of our viewers love the older programming Antenna TV provides. We currently have no plans to change the lineup on WLJC-TV."
- I live in Franklin TN but can not receive ion channels. Do they have plans to improve signal or.any chance that grit tv moves?
As far as I know right now, there are no plans to change or move their signal, but I have brought it to the attention of the NewsChannel 5 engineer about since WNPX is now owned by Scripps, the same owner as NC5, that they should move the WNPX transmitter to the same tower as NC5. Also, since Grit is a Scripps network, they will not move that anywhere unless they decide to move it over to NC5, but I don't think that is going to happen.
- Does Nexstar now own WDKY /Lex/Danville,Ky ? Also,will WDKY add Ant tv channel (Nexstar owns Ant tv ?) to lineup...sooo Lex city and area residents can see channel.Closest tv station tower (strength ?) carrying Ant tv channel is far away.Does WTVQ in Lex have Ant tv on later ..very late at nite ? Does Lex have uhf or vhf channels ??
Yes, Nexstar does own WDKY right now, but I'm sorry. I don't think they will add Antenna TV anytime soon.
- Two Lex,Ky tv stations......Wupx (Ion Network) & Wtvq (owner/Morris Media ) both have Ion Mystery channel (owner/E.W. Scripps Media of Cincy,Ohio) .Wtvq had many Scripps tv channels & they went to Wupx or Wlex (owner/Scripps) tv station ? .But Ion Mystery channel (Scripps) is still on Wtvq .Scripps didnt buy Wupx.Was Ion network recently bought by Scripps media ? Why does two Lex tv stations have Ion Mystery channels ? Same company cant buy two tv stations in small cities (Lex)? Wtvq has two different networks/channels (My Network tv & Ant tv channel )? .One channel comes on at 3 30 am or soo till 5 am of sooo ? Wtvq has eight digital channels.Only a few USA tv stations have eight digital/over the air/free/rabbit ears antenna /sub channels ?
Yes, Scripps bought ION and all their stations. So they own both WUPX and WLEX. The rule you are talking about can't owning two or more stations in a market is talking about a company not owning two or more of the big four networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX) in one market. The reason WTVQ still has ION Mystery channel is because they are still under a contract to air that channel just like WSMV here still has both CourtTV and ION Mystery. Actually, about having eight channels, there's a few stations around that have even more than eight. Take for instance, WBNA in Louisville. They have 12 channels. There's also a low power channel in Nashville that has 13 channels. I will try and see if I can find something out about the contract WLJC has on Antenna TV for you.
- is me tv comedy/westerns,etc etcra channel leaving lex,ky /wlex tv station/ channel ? wlex (E. W . Scripps tv company ) ? sooo.. grit western channel might replaced it ?? me tv is on cable. insp is on cable,too.grit was on wtvq and now is on wupx (ion) in lex..? grit is not on cable. ion has many scripps channels in usa ?? seems get tv was on wtvq ?
Yes, MeTV is leaving WLEX. Here is an article that talks about the network leaving not only WLEX but other stations as well. Sinclair, Scripps stations dropping Me TV digital network
- Oh,some1 posted somewhere that they thought they had read info that Me tv (left Lex on Thursday, Sept 1st ? or ? ) is coming back to Lex ? Me tv left a few cities on some tv stations that two (?) media companies own ?? What channel ? Hopefully a Lex channel with station and antenna very near Lex .
All I could find was a foot note at the bottom of a Wikipedia page. Since that is all I could find, I wouldn't put much confidence in it though.
As you can see, it looks like MeTV might be showing up on WKYT 27.3. Again, this is on a Wikipedia page. So, this only might be someone putting this on here without any proof.