WNAB 3.0 is Now Back on the Air
- Posted August 7th, 2023 at 9:42am
- Posted on August 7th, 2023 at 8:27pm
I have received 158.1 on WNAB so I can say for myself that it has come back up.
- Posted on August 7th, 2023 at 8:41pm - Edited
15 radio channels have been added to the WUXP. I have only heard one channel have audio on but the rest are silent for now. The radio channels are on the QPSK mux with Nash1 and Nash2.
- Posted on August 7th, 2023 at 10:11pm
Yeah, I found that out myself. That is the longest list of subchannels I have ever seen.
- Posted on August 9th, 2023 at 10:13am - Edited
They've changed the PLPs to QPSK, and QAM256 on WUXP. All 15 audio streams are working. Downside ALL the video channels are QAM256 now. :(
- Posted on August 9th, 2023 at 5:22pm
I just barely get the QAM256 channels during the day. Man that sucks.
- Posted on August 9th, 2023 at 6:05pm
I had to do a rescan on my 3.0 Sony Bravia XR TV when they made the change.
- Posted on August 10th, 2023 at 5:40pm - Edited
Same, Leatherneck97. I think they've lowered power. The QPSK channels were near or at 100% now it's 80's. I too can't get the QAM256 channels during the day either. I used to be able to. So I've lost both ways to watch Fox, and CW.
- Posted on August 10th, 2023 at 5:42pm
They've also gotten rid of NASH 2. I guess the NASH 1 was enough. I feel NASH 1 might be HDR. But I don't have a way to confirm that.
- Posted on August 11th, 2023 at 12:48am - Edited
Noticed something interesting. The NON-DRM channels are in 720P. The 1080P ones are DRM'd. So WTVF, and WSMV. WKRN, probably won't DRM, since they're in 720P. The rest in 1.0 are also 720P.
- Posted on August 14th, 2023 at 4:49am
A whole new list of radio channels have been added to WUXP and the old ones replaced.
- Posted on August 14th, 2023 at 8:49am
I noticed that change last night. I don't know when it happened. I'm at least glad that it is actually using stations instead of just some specific genres.