- Posted November 22nd, 2022 at 8:57pm
The first one shows the tower that W14EE is on.
The next two are images of WSMV 4.10 on W14EE.
This pic shows xmguy aiming at the tower for W14EE
This one he is aiming towards Nashville, and see what two channels he can pick up.
- Posted on November 22nd, 2022 at 9:06pm
The pictures look good. Thank you Xmguy for the pictures and Nashdigie for posting them. I hope they put the power up soon so I can at least get WSMV.
- Posted on November 23rd, 2022 at 3:05am
Thanks NashDigie and Leatherneck. The current antenna is just on top of the BUILDING. That's one reason it's so weak in power.
- Posted on November 23rd, 2022 at 3:12am
You're welcome, Xmguy. I've always wondered why the channel was so bad to get up high. I had an antenna that had a high signal strength but nothing came in. That antenna was lower to the ground but was inside my house to pick up WKRN.
- Posted on November 24th, 2022 at 12:26am
Did you test to see how long W14EE lasted until it went out or did you not test for it? Just a question on my end. I was close to getting it tonight and was wondering if I have a chance to get it.
- Posted on November 24th, 2022 at 2:38am
Since it wasn't a 3.0 signal, I couldn't test it on the move well. Sorry. I do know this I could not get it down the road. Literally. The Algood Cemetery..
- Posted on November 24th, 2022 at 1:42pm
That's fine. I should have figured it wouldn't stay in on the move since it's ATSC 1.0.
- Posted on November 24th, 2022 at 7:36pm
xmguy, so, where you lost it, it was "dead" air? 😂
- Posted on December 3rd, 2022 at 4:02pm - Edited
Old AT&T Long Lines microwave tower and transmitter building. Nostalgia. At least one of the old AT&T circular microwave repeater antennas looks like it has been gutted. Wouldn't be surprised if a new microwave antenna was installed in it to get the feed from WSMV. Wonder if Gray is going to have the old microwave feedhorns removed and move the antenna to the top of the tower?
- Posted on January 2nd, 2023 at 3:04am
Yep. The tower itself doesn't house any of the current RX, or TX for W14EE. They are using a vertical polarized small yagi to get WTNX, and rebroadcast from a small UHF panel antenna. All on top of the shed.
- Posted on January 2nd, 2023 at 5:20am
Sounds like they just slapped something together because of the lack of materials.
- Posted on January 6th, 2023 at 5:09pm
Yikes. Sounds like a jury rigged system to get a signal on the air. As Leatherneck97 said, maybe they slapped something together due to a lack of available materials.
- Posted on February 12th, 2023 at 4:36pm
Nashdigie, is there any way you cold possibly get an update for when W14EE will come online? I'm just wondering if we could get a possible time to expect it to go online.
- Posted on February 12th, 2023 at 8:22pm
I will try and see if I can get any new information, but don't hold your breath.
- Posted on February 12th, 2023 at 8:49pm
Anything you can do is good. I won't have any expectation of you getting any new news.
- Posted on February 15th, 2023 at 4:44am
Same here. I hate having to rely on WAFF (for NBC) or ATSC 3.0 for WSMV programming at night. Especially during bad weather. I'd love it if they'd go to their higher power/height. I wonder if they've abandoned plans for W14EE?
- Posted on February 15th, 2023 at 7:40am
I hope they have not done that. I do not think they would after everything they did to make the repeator go online.
- Posted on February 16th, 2023 at 4:31am - Edited
True. But perhaps they've just settled on their original LP license. They have til 9/2025. We'll see what by happens.
- Posted on February 16th, 2023 at 9:17am
I think W14EE will go up to their new license sooner than we expect but that's just a theory.
- Posted on February 19th, 2023 at 5:26am
I think they will too. They know VHF is not the best.
- Posted on February 21st, 2023 at 5:09pm
I know I'm not the only one who loses VHF from LED street lights too. I don't think it will be any time soon that W14EE will be at higher power. They need too much. With materials, and tower crews in short supply, it will be a while I feel.
- Posted on February 21st, 2023 at 8:30pm
I'm glad you have eyes on it. I live too far away to keep tabs on it. You're right about them needing material for the tower and how short tower crews are these days. It'll come on when they're ready to.
- Posted on February 24th, 2023 at 10:03pm
Perhaps letting your concerns be known to the station management at WSMV may be of some value.